Being a Realtor registered with the Texas VLB to assist veterans with using the benefits offered to them for land and housing loans, provides me with some email fodder than can be passed along to my readers here at My Denton County Real Estate.
Since I know over 18% of the visitors here so far in 2009 have checked out Buying a Home with the Texas Veterans Land Board Program. Also with 79.8% of my website traffic coming from search engines, I am suspecting this information may be found useful to that group who are looking for programs to help Texas Vets buy a home or land.
FORFEITED LAND SALE
On Tuesday, April 28, 2009, the Texas Veterans Land Board (VLB) will once again offer forfeited land tracts to eligible Texas Veterans in a sealed-bid sale.
- All winning bids will be originated as a mortgage loan with a Note and Deed of Trust. Winning bidders must meet VLB credit requirements if obtaining VLB financing.
- Closing costs and a down payment of not less than 5% of the minimum bid listed will be required at closing. The VLB can only finance 95% of the minimum bid listed up to $80,000.00. In addition, any amount you bid over the minimum listed must be paid at closing, if you are obtaining VLB financing.
- ALL BIDS must be received by 4:30 p.m. on Monday, April 27, 2009 (the day before the sale). No walk-in bids will be accepted on the day of the sale.
- There is a limit on the number of bids you may submit. You may only bid on a total of 6 tracts in the Forfeited Land Sale.
- The sale will be available for viewing via webcast. Live viewing is not guaranteed, as we have a limited number of connections. The webcast will be archived and available on the Texas Veterans Land Board website approximately 24 hours after the sale.
For information and instructions, visit the Texas Veterans Land Board and continue to Forfeited Land Tracts main page or call toll free: 1-800-252-VETS (8387) and of course feel free to contact me for any of your real estate needs in Denton or Tarrant County.
All Rights Reserved© Jay Myers (972) 510-7800 Licensed Real Estate Agent in Texas with Fathom Realty LLC